DescriptionGo to top
- For joining pipes, sockets and fittings with interference fit in pressure and drainage systems. Also suitable for PVC-C (max. 60°C). Ideal for connections demanding a high chemical resistance, such as concentrated inorganic acids such as sulphuric, nitric and hydrochloric acid, among others. Suitable for diameters ≤160 mm. Max. 10 bar (PN 10). Maximum tolerance 0.5 mm diametrical clearance / 0.2 mm press fit. Suitable for e.g. pipe systems conforming to EN 1329, 1453, 1455 and ISO 15493 (PVC/PVC-C). Use in combination with Griffon HCR-36 Cleaner and Cleaner Cloth.
- Indication of chemicals for which HCR-36 should be applied:
- Sulphuric acid: concentrations > 70%
- Hydrochloric acid: concentrations > 25%
- Nitric acid: concentrations > 20%
- Alkalis (caustic soda): concentrations > 35%
- Hydrofluoric acid: any concentration
- Sodium hypochlorite: active chlorine content > 7.5%
Do not use in temperatures ≤ +5°C.
Directions for use
1. Saw off pipes squarely, chamfer and deburr. 2. Stir well before use. 3. Clean adhesive surfaces with Griffon HCR-36 Cleaner and Cleaner Cloth. 4. Apply adhesive rapidly and evenly lengthways to both bonding surfaces (pipe thickly, sleeve thinly). In a diametrical clearance (max. 0.5 mm), apply a second, and optionally, a third adhesive layer, with a drying time of about 30 sec. between the application of the adhesive layers. Prevent the previous adhesive layer to be removed. 5. Assemble joint immediately. Remove excess adhesive. Do not load the joint mechanically for the first 10 minutes. Properly close the container immediately after use.
Points of attention
Open tin carefully, it may be under pressure due to temperature fluctuations.
Remove adhesive stains with Griffon HCR-36 Cleaner and Cleaner Cloth.